Listen to the podcast here:
PODCAST OUTLINE provided courtesy of Animal Training Academy
• 00:00 Introductions.
• 4:35 - Carrie tells us about what Reptelligence is and the importance of training and enriching reptiles/snakes.
• 7:40 Carrie talks about how the information at Reptelligence compares to more traditional ways of management reptiles and snakes.
• 11:48 Carrie talks about the importance of sharing reptile training and behavior with zoo visitors • 16:40 Here Carrie takes us through some of the research she is aware of with regards to snake training.
• 26:10 Carrie shares four important steps to training your snake.
• 34:50 Carrie talks about reptile/snake body language and where you can go to learn more about this.
• 45:14 Here Carrie talks to the importance of giving reptiles exercise and what we still have to learn about this.
• 47:21 Here Carrie discusses her process of crate training snakes and why she prioritized doing this with the animals in her care.
• 53:20 Story time; Carrie shares two of her favourite stories from working with Animals so far.
• 58:10 Carrie shares with us what she would like to see happen in the reptile/snake training world over the next 5-10 years.